Death, specifically your own death, is a subject that is tough to talk about, however having the conversation today will save a lot of stress tomorrow should the unexpected happen.
Here are 7 items for your “Unexpected Death” Checklist:
- Ensure that your spouse/executor are aware of any pre-paid funeral (or specific) arrangements you have made and where the information is located.
- Do you have a will? Does your spouse/executor know where it is located? If you own a business, do you have two wills?
- If you have insurance policies, let your spouse/executor know where they are.
- A list of assets you own as well as their location. Update this list annually.
- Make a list of key passwords to your financial accounts.
- A list with the contact information for your lawyer, accountant, financial advisor, insurance broker.
- If you have a safety deposit box, additional bank accounts or investments, ensure that information and its location is known to your spouse/executor.
If you are able to keep everything in one location, it will make things so much easier for those you leave behind.
If you would like more information or have any questions, feel free to contact us at 780.466.6204, or click here to send us an email.